Friday, March 30, 2012

"Couleur Locale"

   Here the girls seem to have a hairdresser at home as they change style as often as I change ... dress



   As my hair was growing, it was either cut them or try to blend in and get the local hair style. There it is in 2 hours tops, I changed head.... and got a lifting along the way what with the tension from the plats. Not sore I have to reassure, but quite tight and a surprising sensation too ! I also find it hard to slide the branches of my sunglasses in too lol ! ...  Not to mention how to rest of the head on the sofa or the bed. Finally, I like it very much and slept fine so it’s a big thumbs up !
   

   This may go quickly, but it’s all an art seeing as:
- Our hair don’t all have the same texture yet the hair dressers can finish a plat without needing an elastic, without anything, just by stopping to braid.
- My hair was too short so she had to add some extensions at the beginning of the plats.
- The nuances of colour need to be reproduced accurately, and well done, it was a success.
   In the 12m x 2m salon… there were 6 people, 3 of whom were doing… well nothing really! Ah wait, one of them was taking photos of the progress. The owner was supervising her (real) daughter who was platting and the 3rd person was preparing the fine locks to add on. The hairdresser started from the back to give herself an idea of the length (top left)… “but I said short” “yes, no problem, we’ll cut it again later”. Then she does the top of the head, each time with an add-on (big photo) then, more add-ons during the platting. Once the head was finished, she put some stoppers at the end (made of fake hair… at least not my hair – bottom left), heated some water in which to soak the “stoppered” ends (bottom middle – soaking and towel-drying) which gave ringlets at the extremities. To finish, the owner made the lengths into chignons and … sowed the rest to make it hold.
   “So you didn’t cut” “No but you didn’t want them long so I just raised them” Ah yes, I hadn’t envisaged it from that angle! Well, I was still felt as if they were playing doll.
  And the result? Very different, surprising, but I like it. I’ll keep it like this then as they do, I’ll let it evolve as the days or weeks go by. The owner said that it holds 1 month and that I would be able to go for a swim without a problem. For the shampoo, you need to be delicate; I think that I’ll put it on a new sponge and dab it, then the heat will do the drying work.

No comments:

Post a Comment